- 800ml Stefano Faita Marinara Sauce
- 450g ground veal
- 450g grated pecorino, parmesan or grana padano cheese
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- TO SERVE:
- Olive oil, to taste
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp pesto and 1 tbsp ricotta cheese per portion, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
In a large bowl, combine veal, cheese, egg and breadcrumbs. Mix delicately by hand.
Using the mixture, prepare meatballs with diameter of about 4 cm.
In a pot, heat the Marinara sauce.
Gently add the meatballs to the sauce. Do not mix too much as the meatballs may break.
Continue cooking, at low-medium heat and uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
Taste to adjust seasoning.
Serve meatballs as an entrée, with a dash of olive oil, sprinkling of parmesan and a tablespoon of pesto and ricotta.