- Butter for cooking and greasing the baking dish
- 450 g short pasta like penne or orecchiette
- 400 ml Stefano Faita Rosée Sauce
- 1 cup chopped asparagus or green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup grated mozzarella (plus more to taste)
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese (plus more to taste)
- Milk, if needed
Preheat oven to 400 °F (200 °C).
Butter a large baking dish.
In a large pot, cook the pasta in boiling, salted water. Undercook the pasta as it will continue to cook in the oven.
Drain pasta and place in a large bowl.
Incorporate the sauce into the pasta by mixing well.
Add asparagus, mozzarella and Parmesan, mixing well.
Set aside a small quantity of Parmesan.
The mix should be quite liquid as the pasta will absorb it while baking. If the mixture seems too dry, add a bit of milk, water or stock.
Adjust seasoning, as needed.
Pour pasta mixture into buttered baking dish, top with the remaining Parmesan and, if desired, hand-torn pieces of mozzarella cheese. Dab with butter.
Bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, until the top of the pasta is golden brown and bubbling. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.